full-time employee contract
• Applies engineering techniques, principles and precedents to develop, design, modify, install, test, evaluate, or operate electrical, electronic, avionics, mechanical, communications, stores, armament/ordnance, or related data processing systems for military weapon systems or associated support equipment or components
• Reviews, analyzes, develops, prepares or applies engineering, technical or maintenance specifications, policies, standards, or procedures
• Organizes, analyzes, and prepares reports or presentations of technical data and information
• Plans and performs tests and evaluations of systems equipment or components
• Compiles, processes, reduces, or analyzes test data results
• High School diploma or,
• GED or,
• Completion of a technical, trade, or advanced armed services technical school curriculum or course of training in electricity, electronics, avionics, mechanics, armaments / ordnance, or engineering technology or,
• Completion of 30 semester hours of studies at an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum
• 4 years of experience performing engineering technician functions
• 1 year of experience shall consist of performing engineering / technical functions in NATIP, Ordnance, and Data Analysis
Description of the work to be performed
• Loads and limits certification testing of WASP software.
• Required knowledge / skills / experience: F/A-18, USN & USMC ordnance familiarity
• Desired knowledge / skills / experience: Software testing; automated testing; software lifecycle process; QASO experience.