full-time employee contract
• Responsible for developing tools to support ongoing investigations and projects, primarily involving automation of tasks for a law enforcement organization.
• Responsible for conducting testing and evaluation of software tools for potential use in investigations and operations and work with customers and technical staff to resolve software problems and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements
• Responsible for developing and deploying the unit in the field; as well as analyzing software in support of investigations, this may include both malicious code and commercial products that were used in the commission of a crime.
• Responsible for providing technical research and support to agents in the field who lack specific expertise in software or operating systems.
• Responsible for performing design, coding, and unit testing of new system components as they are defined and integrate new code with existing components, COTS/GOTS products, and external systems.
• Deep knowledge of packet/network forensics and protocol analysis
• Experience as a Sys Admin in a midscale data mining environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer science-related field or 3 years overall experience
• Wireshark experience
• Database management/querying/mining experience
• Basic Linux/Windows/Mac sysadmin and networking skills
• 6-8 years software development skills, including troubleshooting and problem solving
• Report writing and oral presentation skills
• Ability to clearly present concepts and results to non-technical personnel
• Proactivity; ability to work with minimal supervision