Job Title: Principal Systems Engineer
Raytheon Missile Systems, Albuquerque provides comprehensive expertise in high power electromagnetics; pulsed power engineering, diagnostics and effects testing; radio frequency and particle code simulation; Mobile Range® and airborne flight test; satellite systems support and tracking; large facility operations, maintenance, and engineering; sensor development and diagnostics; control and data acquisition systems; software and automation; materials fabrication, assembly, processing and coating; quality engineering; and document production, imaging and management. Key growth opportunities include the integration of directed energy weapons on combat platforms.
Raytheon Missile Systems, Albuquerque is looking for a Systems Engineer
To collaborate and coordinate with a team of engineers, providing technical guidance, tasking, ownership of the team’s schedule and performance.
The systems engineering duties include architecture development, Concept of Operations development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, systems/software/hardware requirements analysis, and integration, validation and verification.
The systems engineer will coordinate with:
The systems engineer will support and participate in team meetings, design reviews, engineering review boards, and configuration control boards.Required Skills
- Physicists and engineers to determine system requirements
- Support staff to manage procurement, security and safety requirements
- Engineers to develop and review designs and interface with other systems
- Coordinate with team leadership (program management, chief engineer, sub-team leads) to develop costs and schedules and to assess technical risks and opportunities
- Excellence with requirements, architecture, integration and test
- Experience with development, analysis, verification and validation
- Experience interfacing with subcontractors, holding them accountable to their Statement of Work
- Ability to recognize problems and issues early, then resolving them and driving them to closure
- Engineering leadership experience and a proven track record
- Ability to effectively lead multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
- Experience presenting to customers, management and technical staff
Required Education (including Major):
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Peer Review products
- Proposal support experience, including writing Bases of Estimates (BOEs)
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of eight years of related experience.
Clearance Requirements:This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense SECRET clearance; existing clearance preferred
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.