Extensive knowledge to perform a wide variety of technical tasks in support of processes, engineering, quality control, calibration, laboratories, production/test environment, line maintenance and/or chemical handling. Tests, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and installs a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical, computer, laboratory and scientific systems and/or equipment. May assist in the development of procedures. Selects, sets up and operates engineering and scientific equipment. Observes, analyzes and reports test data; and when appropriate makes necessary repairs to equipment. Utilizes various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of their tasks. May include configuration/data management. Checks for work correctness. May assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks. Candidate will also be responsible for training/mentoring junior test technicians.
- Candidate must have an ability to work directly from approved procedures, schematics, and verbal instructions
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits to component level and effectively identify failure trends
- Ability to isolate problems between the test environment (test station, interface adapter, test cables, etc.) and the units under test and resolve as necessary
- Select appropriate test equipment and configure it based on test specifications
- Effectively communicate technical issues by generating comprehensive failure entries which correlate failure modes back to the associated test specification(s)
- Ability to interpret test data (plots, graphs, tabulated parameters, etc.) to determine pass/fail condition and determine when further analysis is needed
- Must work well in a team environment
- Candidate must be experienced in the use of computers and software applications (both desktop and technical). Must be well versed in computer architectures and data protocols in order to facilitate networking/interfacing with other test equipment
- Must be in good physical condition given that this position requires lifting, walking, and could involve stair/ladder climbing at the test range(s)
- Active DOD Secret Clearance at time of hire
- Candidate must be willing to work all shifts (1st, 2nd, or 3rd)
- U.S. Citizen
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Required Education:Associates Degree in Electronics Science or have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in electronics industry or equivalent military electronics experience.This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. personsU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- Extensive knowledge of existing Radar or Electronic Warfare (EW) systems.
- Direct experience with Radar System and subsystem (Transmitter, Receiver, Antenna, Signal/Data Processor, Power Supply, etc.) evaluation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing/production test environment
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.