Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening for a Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager in Richardson, TX. Responsible for hiring, training, developing and leading a staff of highly qualified SOC analysts in a 24x7 mission to monitor for, and respond to, computer network security incidents in a global setting.
Work closely with teams across the extended IT Security organization to evaluate risks and threats and prioritize appropriate responses. Also responsible for establishing and reporting metrics on the health of the environment, as well as evaluating new technologies to improve performance of both systems and people.
- Successfully lead their Team in a fast-paced environment, while remaining calm and professional during cyber emergencies
- Understand the implementation of new security technologies and lead the integration of new tools within operations
- Coordinate with security service delivery managers and system administrators to incorporate security best practices and new service offerings
- Ensure work processes and products are in compliance with all regulatory and enterprise standards and requirements
- Oversee the development and maintenance of operational standard procedures and policies
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to develop security policies and procedures
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export AuthorizationDesired skills:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT Security or Information Technology
- Sound leadership, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity
- Collaborate across the organization and operate effectively within a matrix environment by identifying solutions and influencing others
- Demonstrable management skills, and experience leading a team with the ability to coach, mentor, motivate and empower others and to achieve organization goals.
- In-depth understanding of latest security principles and protocols
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Four years in Management role leading a highly technical team
- Information Security and IT certifications: GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, CISSP, ITIL, etc.
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center
- Thorough understanding of computer incident response procedures
- Detailed knowledge of SIEM & Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Understanding of network traffic analysis
- Knowledge of live forensics with enterprise forensics tools
Bachelors' degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.