Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for Talented Data Analyst/Data Analytics Engineer to join our Engineering Metrics & Analytics team in Dulles, Virginia.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
As a Data Analyst/Data Analytics Engineer , you will be working with a team, following Engineering processes, providing Subject Matter Expertise, and developing tools to support implantation of Data Quality Assurance Metrics and Data Analytics Framework, analysis of measures (KPIs), change requests, and follow-on contracts as well as supporting ongoing programs. The duties of this position require leveraging skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data analysis solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
- Subject Matter Expert on Data Analytics concepts and methods
- Assist program teams with the proper use of IIS Metrics & Analytics methods
- Understand and implement Data Quality Assessment Methods and identify appropriate measures to reduce frequencies of defects
- Work with the Engineering leadership to affect change to ensure analytics tools, processes and metrics are effectively used to estimate new and ongoing program(s)
- Identify, configure and mentor on state-of-the-art visualization and analytics tools
- Support maintenance of historical data for use in proposals and for calibration of project measures
- Work to achieve operational targets with major impact on the departmental results
- Contribute to the development of team goals
- Work with Stakeholders to identify and resolve issues within data sets
- Solve problems and offer ideas to address internal client issues
Must be a US Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
There is the potential for external candidates to receive a sign-on bonuses of up to $20,000 for hires with an active Top Secret clearance if hired on this requisition.
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Bachelor degree and at least 8+ years (or less with a Master Degree) of experience as a Data Analyst and/or Data Engineer
- Ability to investigate and improve data collection and data analysis process
- Experience in building Dashboards for multiple business areas
- Experience in using visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, SAS)
- Demonstrated experiences conducting data analysis that involve complex technical parameters, acquisition and logistics requirements, schedule constraints, procurement and business principles and similar cost-influencing factors
- Experience in data cleaning/sanitizing/wrangling/massaging
- Experience in formulation of statistical models e.g., Regression, Decision tree, SVM, etc.
- Experience in R/Python or other programming languages
- Experience in using tracking tools e.g., JIRA, Rational Team Concert (RTC), QC, etc.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets (MS-Excel), PowerPoint, as well as Internet research tools
- Experience in development and presentation of training materials, status reports, and high-quality charts and graphs to visually demonstrate to senior-level personnel
US Citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearanceDesired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Ability to build dashboards in Microsoft Power BI
- Familiarity with Machine Learning/Deep Learning /AI Concepts
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience in writing SQL queries (SQL/PL SQL)
- Knowledge of configuration management
- Raytheon 6 Sigma Certification or industry equivalent
- Ability to work in an Agile environment and to readily adapt with changed priorities
- Familiarity with CMMI level 3 process areas
Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM). Masters preferable.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.