• Maintain the large database and designs new enhancements for operational, national system for Department of Homeland Security.
• Develop and update schema in support of O&M activities.
• Perform ad-hoc queries to support DHS data-calls.
• Work with a small development team to assist in efficient query development.
• Maintain and monitor Db operations and auditing for FISMA compliance.
• Assists with reviewing new technologies and makes recommendations for future technology enhancements.
• Develop web- application user interface to read/write to the database.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
• Requires strong SQL language skills for complex relational MySQL Db.
• Requires experience with PowerDesigner to maintain Db model (LDM, PDM ER diagrams) and design work.
• Requires experience with Linux shell commands for execution on AWS servers.
• Must have good communications skills to tele-work with a remote team.
• Must be U.S. Citizen. Must be able to obtain a DHS Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card after beginning employment.