Software Engineer Stf
Job ID: 461773BR
Date posted: Nov. 19, 2018
City: King of Prussia
Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting challenges: the use of advanced electronics to undermine our way of life. As a professional at Lockheed Martin, you’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Financial assets. Healthcare information. Critical infrastructure. Hazardous materials. The uninterrupted flow of energy that keeps modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with experts on the forefront of protection and proactive prevention. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the resources of Lockheed Martin to keep the threats at bay.
This position is for a protocol stack developer. This includes the responsibility for design, development, integration, and testing of LTE protocol stack . Develop LTE protocol functionality impacting all layers of the protocol stack including PHY (physical), MAC (medium access control), RLC ( link control), PDCP (packet data convergence control), Control Plane NAS (non-access stratum) and RRC ( resource control), and User Plane IP and TCP/UDP. Coding is primarily in C and . Initial development of protocol in a environment with support for porting to real time operating system and gateware environment. The candidate is expected to provide technical leadership and be self directed.
Additional tasks include:
- Analyze protocol requirements and architect and implement designs to meet them.
- Maintenance and bug fixing of existing protocol stack in support of internal hardware in the loop verification testing and customer implementation.
- Provide support for implementation in real time operating system and gateware environment.
- Work with verification engineers and processing platform engineers to develop interface between hardware and along with operational performance requirements for system implementation.
This project consists of an cross functional team of and system engineers that envisions, designs, implements, and verifies the performance of unique functionality for wireless telecommunications protocols including 4G LTE, and IP packet switching technologies. Implement features to enhance protocol communication performance, minimize resource utilization, and harden the protocol to mitigate vulnerabilities.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Experience/knowledge of practices and configuration management
- Experience on a development team using C/ or another development language
-Strong systems & engineering and/or system administration background
- Good Communication & Verbal Skills
- Self Starter, the ability to multitask
- Effective oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment
- Ability to architect solutions in large scale code base
- Ability to navigate and implement new functionality in large scale code base
- Ability to learn quickly and troubleshoot efficiently
- Ability to architect new ideas and novel solutions
- Strong analysis and mathematical skills
- Experience working in an development environment
- Experience in C/, with a preference for C
- operating system
- version control tools such as GIT
- Atlassian tools including JIRA and Confluence
- Continuous integration environment tools including Jenkins
- Digital Signal Processing,
- Code analysis, Code Coverage analysis, and Fuzz testing
- Server Administration experience
- Virtual machine (VMWare) experience
- System provisioning (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.) experience.
- Experience configuring and maintaining network devices (switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- (Preferred) Current , last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years.
- (Required) Ability to obtain
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)