full-time employee contract
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Network Engineer to join our team in the Reston, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our internal organization and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech. The selected individual will analyze, design, test, and evaluate network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), internet, intranet, satellite, and other data communications systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform Network modeling, analysis, and planning.
• Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
• May supervise computer programmers.
• Assist users to diagnose and solve data communication problems. Design and implement systems, network configurations, and network architecture, including hardware and software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies.
• Develop and write procedures for installation, use, and troubleshooting of communications hardware and software.
• Maintain needed files by adding and deleting files on the network server and backing up files to guarantee their safety in the event of problems with the network.
• Monitor system performance and provide security measures, troubleshooting and maintenance as needed.
• Set up user accounts, regulating and monitoring file access to ensure confidentiality and proper use.
• Train users in use of equipment.
• The candidate should be a recognized expert or certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology that can not only deliver capabilities, but can mentor and train others.
• A Bachelor’s degree or additional experience in lieu of degree
• Eleven (11) years of experience with the majority of the following technology and tools:
o Administration software — Cisco Systems CiscoWorks; Element management software; NetIQ software; SolarWinds software
o Configuration management software — Application management software; Automated installation software; Patch and upgrade management software; Software distribution software
o Network monitoring software — Ethereal; Ipswitch What's Up Gold; Multi-router traffic grapher MRTG software; Symantec Intruder Alert
o Network security or virtual private network VPN management software — Intrusion prevention system IPS software; Network and system vulnerability assessment software; Risk assessment software; Virtual local area network management software
o CCNA Certification
o VMWare Experience
o Red Hat Linux Certification
o Certification and Accreditation Specialist
An active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph is required.