full-time employee contract
This is a technical hands-on role that is primarily responsible for planning, implementing and reconciling Microsoft/ Apple security related patches on all workstations. In addition, the role will be responsible for maintaining the patch level to the latest release of industry standard, software such as Adobe, troubleshooting and providing support on patch related issues.
Skills and Knowledge:
• In-depth working knowledge on IBM Bigfix patching tool
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows administration (Active Directory)
• Experience in patch remediation with the focus on security/vulnerability research and mitigation
• Working knowledge in reviewing vulnerability bulletins/findings and providing recommended mitigation and impact assessments.
• Experience in creating documentation. Audiences can vary between technical and non-technical users and management.
• Apply security updates and patches using BigFix to 15000 endpoints on a monthly basis.
• Create and test custom software packages per customer request.
• Develop scripts to scan for current Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat versions.
• Understand the configuration and management of Distribution Points and creating packages to test in lower environments.
• Manage deployment of all patches, critical updates and service packs on a timely basis according to Information Security policy.
• Create / Update Systems Documentation and Operations Standards / Procedures.
• Distributed software and security updates via IBM BigFix Endpoint Manager,
• Perform in-depth analysis on computer systems to ensure assets are compliant with Customer Directives.
• Monitor Security Center and utilized IBM Endpoint Management Systems / Microsoft System Center to actively patch security updates
• Manage and report on application performance against critical metrics
*Minimum 5 years of experience working in an Information Technology role.
*Minimum 2 years of experience working with large, complex networks and systems.
*Minimum 2 years of experience providing 2nd and 3rd Tier patch remediation.
Must be a US Citizen
This is a Temporary position.