Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has been open for 1 year and has many amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, massage therapist, relaxation rooms, cafeteria, learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes foosball and pool tables, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, special event to include Popcorn Thursdays, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401K match; flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline. Plus there are lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
If you have technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
Raytheon is seeking a talented Cyber Security Engineer for our portfolio of programs at our Cityline/Richardson, TX location. The Cyber Security Engineer will join the Cyber Security Engineering team as a Cyber Security professional, in Information Assurance, supporting the development and maintenance of custom solutions.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS as well as custom-developed products
• Preparation of documentation to support Assessment & Authorization activities
• Arrange, support and/or lead Cyber Security activities for program sell-off of security related requirement
• Applied knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to support customer needs and requirements.
• Preparing for, writing, and presenting trade studies, cost benefit analyses, reports and briefings as required
This position is located at our Cityline campus in Richardson, TX.
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a CI Poly security clearance
Requires the Aptitude to:
• Apply extensive technical expertise in Cyber Security Engineering
• Full knowledge of other related disciplines
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
• Work without appreciable direction
• Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
• Guide the successful completion of major programs and function in a project leadership role
• Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects
• Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including NISPOM and/or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates
• Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients
• Strong understanding of security design and architecture with the ability to recommend solutions to moderately complex IS compliance and security problems
• Hands-on technical experience as an individual contributor with documentation skills and experience in, at minimum 4, of the following areas:
? Linux system administration
? Windows system administration
? Network component administration
? VMware administration
? Operating system hardening
? Nessus Vulnerability Scanner
? Vulnerability assessment testing, analytics and remediation
? Software and/or Protocol(s) (LDAP/Active Directory, Tripware)
? Certification and Accreditation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred)
? Developing System Security Plans (SSPs) and all supporting certification and accreditation documentation (e.g. XACTA)
• Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
• Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones
• Proven ability to collaborate with internal company contacts as well as inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
• Experience in the design and development of cloud-based systems, security architectures and analytics development
• Security Certifications in accordance to DoD 8570 (IAT Level I preferred); Security +; CISSP; SANS GSEC
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
• Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development, especially in workflow related area to this domain
• Experience analyzing and decomposing requirements using DOORS
• Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
• Knowledge of Cost Account Management (CAM)
• Knowledge of Earn Value Management System (EVMS)
• Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
6 years with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or related technical degree; 4 years with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or related technical degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.