Check us out on YouTube:
The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), within the Systems Test Directorate, is comprised of five departments and an engineering population of approximately 450+ employees, and produces over $300M+/year of delivered products. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain the Systems Engineering competencies throughout all test activities, and to make test more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) RF Systems Department has the responsibility to provide, develop, exercise and maintain engineering development stations and extensive integration and test facilities that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon’s hardware and software.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance prior to the start of employment.
Experienced level engineer position for an individual with educational and professional experience in the development and implementation of software for real-time applications.
The individual will be responsible for the development, implementation, and utilization of software to interface real-time and closed-loop with weapon subsystems in a way that provides an operationally relevant stimulus to allow for weapon software development integration.
The individual is expected to work in a team environment, on diverse projects and receive direction from his/her lead. The individual will be required to provide development support throughout product lifecycle, from initial concept to acceptance delivery to maintenance.
Required Education (including Major):
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret security clearance
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience developing and implementing high-order, object oriented programming languages such as C++ and C#.
- Experience developing software for real-time control
- Experience and knowledge in Unix/Linux computing environments
- Working knowledge in the development and integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces
- Working knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS-422, USB, PCI, and RIO.
- Working knowledge in computer scripting language such as Shell/Perl/Python
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, related fields required.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience working within a team environment
- Ability to lead a small team of engineers
- Experience and knowledge developing requirements for software products
- Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management principles, environments and tools
- Working knowledge of GP/GPU technologies and parallel processing
- Working knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Synergy or Subversion
- Working knowledge /course work of radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, control theories, estimation theory and/or electro optics
- Experience developing performance simulations, such as 6 DOF or IFS
- Embedded firmware development using Verilog/VHDL hardware description languages
- Parallel programming principles and processes for technical computing environments
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.