General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
3. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
4. Conducts distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
8. Performs clerical and manual duties in material areas such as receiving, storing, issuing, and delivering materials, parts, supplies, and equipment.
9. Maintains established inventory levels by regularly checking shelves and preparing purchase orders.
10. Stocks vendor deliveries in warehouse or supply room and checks that deliveries conform to purchase orders as to quality and quantity.
11. Maintains a clean, organized warehouse or supply room.
12. Maintains a supply management database, and generates various reports as assigned.
13. Prepares and maintains related documentation.
14. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Supply Technicians.
15. Utilizes small hand tools, scales, and may operate material handling equipment such as fork lifts, pallet handlers, and hand trucks.
16. Uses online resources as needed for parts/equipment technical research, data updates, and related communications.
17. Recommends process improvements.
1. 5-8 years of related experience in logistics, traffic and/or supply chain management
2. Must possess and maintain a Secret Clearance
3. Must obtain ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire
4. Additional specific certifications may be required
5. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide
6. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. #BICES and #CJPOST
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.