General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
5 years' experience installing, configuring, patching, and administration of Solaris 10+ Enterprise servers
5 years' experience providing support to applications on Solaris servers
Experience with SAN storage solutions
Working knowledge of RedHat LINUX (RHEL) system administration
Knowledge of UNIX and network security issues including applying DISA server and application STiGs
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Security+CE or higher certification
Solaris OS certification within 6 months of being on contract