General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications systems.
1. Evaluates, analyzes, administers and maintains voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
3. Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
4. Manages installation of equipment.
5. Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
6. Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts and Technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related telecommunications experience.
Ten (10) years of hands-on experience with shipboard installations, Satellite Communications Systems to include NMT, GBS and ADNS, to include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training. Knowledge of network and security design; which includes the ability to read and create network diagrams. Possess skill in configuration and troubleshooting with Windows/Linux. Understand switching and principles which includes VLANs. Ability to systematically troubleshoot basic network issues.
Advanced knowledge of the technologies, tools, and equipment used in telecommunications systems support.
SECRET Security Clearance
Ability to travel OCONUS
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.