Orion KSC Operations Senior Manager
Job ID: 462193BR
Date posted: Nov. 21, 2018
City: Kennedy Space Center
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This position is for the ATLO Orion Program Assembly, Integration & Production Sr. Mgr. at the Kennedy Space Center, FL. This position is responsible for all Orion operations taking place in the Operations & Checkout (O&C) facility and the Launch Abort System facility (LASF), with exception of Test Engineering & Operations scope. This includes management and oversight of the:
• Hourly technician workforce,
• Manufacturing Engineering team that develops manufacturing, assembly and integration plans for the spacecraft, including work instructions that direct work on the spacecraft and ground systems;
• Facility team responsible for all O&C and LASF facility operations / maintenance / modifications, Construction of Facilities planning / project execution and is the prime interface to all KSC institutional services required for spacecraft processing;
• Manufacturing Planning team that develops, maintains and oversees the execution schedules of the spacecraft assembly, integration and testing;
• Material Management team that is responsible for receiving, shipping, inventory & property management and management of all calibration / certification assets / requirements as well as coordination of all transportation of flight and ground hardware to and from KSC;
• LM Orion Security team located at KSC, and
• Training & Certification management of the Orion KSC workforce.
The Senior Manager also interfaces with the CAM responsible for the direct contract financials associated with this scope. This position also serves as the manager for the Overhead account associated with the Orion effort at KSC as well as multiple Service Center budgets associated with this scope. Serves as the manager for LMSpace Capital project planning and execution for Orion at KSC.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Extensive experience working within NASA or DOD programs to include Project Management and/or leadership experience.
• Experience managing large, multi-functional teams including manufacturing and/or ATLO disciplines.
• Must have experience with manufacturing and production/assembly of spacecraft.
• Experience managing multi sourced budgets such as direct contract as well as indirect funds.
• Experience managing large subcontracts.
• Candidate must have a bachelor degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Ability to access tall (~300ft) exposed structures such as launch pads.
• CAM and EVMS experience and experience managing cost and schedule on production contracts.
• Experience with the Orion program.
• Leadership in a manufacturing and/or ATLO environment within LMSpace.
• Exposure to the LMSpace enterprise systems (EPDM, SAP, Automation Framework).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Management
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2