District of Columbia
Deskside Support Technician (Job Number:442083)
SAIC is looking to hire a Deskside Support Technician to support HHS in Washington, DC.
- The Desktop technician will provide ongoing support to Executives and employees across the enterprise including White Glove Deskside End User Support, IT Asset Management (ITAM), Network Printer, and MDM Support for our Executive Customer.
- In this role you will be a key member of the Deskside Support Team that resolves, tracks, and manages escalated technical problems within ServiceNow as requested via phone, email and internet chat to fulfill these responsibilities, and as necessary contribute to the knowledge base by creating documentation describing issues encountered, their resolutions and work on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems across HHS and partner sites.
- Supporting MaaS360 Mobile Device Management
- Active Directory account management implementation and administration
- Microsoft Exchange/Office365 use and/or administration
- Microsoft Windows 10 planning and roll out in enterprise environment
- Conduct user training on approved software and hardware on an as required basis
- Incident response and client response coordination for hardware and other IT Operations related failures
- Contribute to continual service improvement by assisting with Standard Operations Procedures creation, maintenance and compliance
- Perform routine IT system administration, including health checks and supporting incident resolution
- Perform asset inventories by identifying and labeling IT equipment according to documented standards and update inventory control systems as required.
- Ensure deliverables to internal customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes
- As ownership of problems from any administrator, follow path of escalated contacts to insure the problems are resolved in timely and effective ways to the satisfaction of the administrator.
- Create documentation to assist other departments with further analysis of technical issues.
- Create Knowledge Base Documents to assist Level 1 in resolving repetitive issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- H.S. Diploma and 3+ years of relevant experience and Advanced knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows 7/8/10), PC and network hardware
- Must be willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast- paced support role.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem- solving skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance issued from HHS
- On occasion, must be able to perform off-hours maintenance and deployments for system releases and/or provide 24x7 support to maintain service availability or to meet customer SLAs.
- Must have at least 1 to 2+ years of direct Technical Support experience
- Must be willing and able to perform other duties as assigned. Building, then leading and mentoring a global team of IT, Asset, and Desk Side Specialists
- Must be willing to provide occasional off-hours on-site support for planned maintenance work, unplanned support issues, or to meet customer SLAs.
• Must have the ability to install, connect to the network and maintain all computer hardware including PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, data collection devices and telephones
• Must be able to install and maintain computer software on users’ devices such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, Antivirus and Malware protection
- Must have the ability to evaluate and perform root-cause analysis on escalated issues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of network printing environments
- A+, and Net+ are desired
- HDI Certification(s)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 29, 2018, 10:47:20 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job