SAIC is looking to hire a Senior Cyber Security Analyst to support the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, RI.
• Plan and implement security measures to protect computer systems, networks and physical areas.
• Administer, troubleshoot, and analyze Windows and Linux environments.
• Stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers' methodologies, in order to anticipate information system breaches. Prevent data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect the network.
• Assess and participate in compliance, internal and external audit requirements; gathers information for audits and provides to internal and external auditors. Exhibits an understanding of the compliance regulations and security best practices and develops the appropriate security measures accordingly. - Well organized; the candidate should have the ability to independently manage their work on several projects and programs at once.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
• Would prefer a BS degree but a high school diploma or equivalent and nine (9) years or more of relevant experience will be accepted
• Must possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
• Must have 3+ years of direct Cyber Security experience
• Must have a CompTIA Security+ certification
• The ability to communicate effectively with the customer as well as the team on a daily basis is required
Must be able to obtain within 6 months of starting in the position:
• Linux+ certification
• Microsoft Windows 10 Certification; installation and administration
• Windows 2012 Server Certification; installation and administration
Preferred but not required:
• BS in Cybersecurity, Information Security Systems, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Network Engineering, Engineering, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical field in Engineering or related technical field.