The Computer Network Defense Analyst (CNDA) is responsible for implementing and enforcing national, DOD (8500.01, 6510, etc.), and MDA security policies and directives. The CNDA is responsible for continuous network security monitoring, intrusion detection, and incident response actions to defend the C2BMC component of the Ballistic Missile Defense Communications Network (BMD COMNET) and C2BMC mission systems and services. Develops a network defense visibility display and directs/executes time sensitive adjustments to the network security posture to minimize or counter operational risk. The CNDA collects stores and presents data and metrics for use by senior leaders to conduct Operational Risk Management (ORM) decisions on the network security posture and perform proactive security functions established to assist BMD organizations in deterring, detecting, isolating, containing, and recovering from information system (IS) and network security intrusions and mitigating known network vulnerabilities. The CNDA operates and administers the BMD provided computer network defense suite of tools, to include firewalls, correlated log analysis, intruder alert and related services to protect BMD COMNET infrastructure and information services from internal and external threats. The CNDA will also perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Technical Skill Required:
• Knowledge of and practical experience in the usage of an array of network and information security tools
• Knowledge of modern computer systems, client/server, LAN/WAN and Network concepts, modern network management and monitoring concepts
• Ability to recognize known worms/viruses based on their signatures
• Ability to recognize network intrusion events and to differentiate false positives
• Ability to recognize successful intrusions and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event logs and other detailed information
• Knowledge of hardware (Routers, CSU/DSU, bridges, multiplexers, servers and switches configuration)
• Previous experience in the monitoring/management of intrusion detection systems and firewall devices, to include SideWinder, ArcSight, HBSS and/or Tripwire
• Experience securing network gear against known vulnerabilities
• Certified Ethical Hacker certification
• Unix and/or Microsoft operation system training.
4 years of experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
Certification Requirement: DOD86750 IAT- Level II
Clearance Requirement: Active/Current Secret Clearance
Position requires 24x7 shift work. Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements. Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 128194
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.