The Airborne Processors (ABP) program family is looking for a Program Operations Manager to support F-35 Programs in North Texas. This position is responsible for day to day execution of F-35 programs. Duties include management of cost, schedule and execution of assigned programs. The position requires regular interface with our internal functional counterparts (Program Management, Contracts, Supply Chain, Quality, Finance and Engineering) plus regular interfacing with our customer and internal manufacturing sites (Andover, McKinney CCA and McKinney CMC). The success of these programs is critical to our business growth projections. In addition to managing assigned programs within the ABP family, the successful candidate will be expected to assist with various proposal activities in support of future pursuits.
The Operations manager is responsible for supporting PMO team in the production and implementation of program plans, processes, metrics and tools to ensure successful program execution. He or She will be responsible for coordination of program control activities across multiple functions and sites to maximize consistency and implementation of best practices.
- Serve as primary interface across all required Operations value streams
- Lead, drive and support Make/Buy/Where strategy and execution; utilize strong data analysis for decision making and project management skill-sets to ensure effective decisions
- Support design-for-manufacturing efforts by advancing product technology road mapping to identify gaps and request capital for production assembly, test equipment, and facilities
- Execution of Operations IPDS tasks from gate -1 through gate 11 (overall responsibility of development through transition to production)
- Active participation in business pursuit and capture, including Basis of Estimates (BOE) submittals leading to contract awards
- Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities and support EVMS for assigned programs
- Management and coordination of manufacturing resources to support program requirements
- Ensure operational risks are identified, contained, and managed throughout each phase of business pursuit and program execution
- Ensure Operations engagement in engineering development, design and test requirements verification, including the transition of design to production
- Lead multi-functional teams in problem resolution and continuous improvement activities with an emphasis on six sigma, lean practices and other analytical improvement methods and tools
- The ability to maintain positive relationships with program management, cross-functional program leadership, suppliers, customers and government representatives.
- Support internal and external customer reviews
- 8 years’ experience in manufacturing, engineering, operations, production control or related experience
- Experience with planning and executing production operations in a cross-functional team environment
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience
- Understand shop load forecasting as related to resource alignment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to interface with all levels of management
- Enthusiastic, aggressive, self-starting with strong people skills
- Problem solving skills/work with teams
- Able to travel
- High level command of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts and implementation
- Must have MRP experience with SAP and VM
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Ability to Obtain U.S. Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Operations, Engineering, Business Management or a related disciplineDesired Education
: Master’s degree in Manufacturing Operations, Business Management and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.