The Strategy Analyst on the Strategy Analysis team is responsible for supporting strategy development through the analysis of budget, market, and financial data. This position is in the Corporate Strategy organization, and is located in Rosslyn, VA.
This position plays a key, active role in driving Raytheon’s growth while providing high-level insight into the overall performance of the Company. The successful candidate will learn how global market forecasts impact our business and how strategy makes a true impact at every level of the organization. The Strategy Analysis team is involved in various high visibility projects across Raytheon that establish long-term strategies and set the direction of our company for the future. Therefore, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide summary and analysis of the budget requests of the Department of Defense (DoD) and other relevant U.S. agencies to Raytheon senior leadership at both corporate and business level;
- Analyze budgetary documents and other data sources relevant to international customers;
- Use budgetary analysis to help inform and shape Raytheon domestic and international market forecasts and assessments, to include market size, market growth rates, identification of key market segments, and competitor position in markets;
- Identify and assess budgetary trends and policy changes, both domestic and international, that could impact Raytheon;
- Succinctly communicate key results of budget and market analyses in the development of strategies and other senior-level briefings;
- Work with business units to understand segments of the market which are critical to their strategy execution;
- Provide key customer budgetary perspectives in the development of Raytheon strategies at the corporate and business unit level;
- Track and assess changes made to the budget requests of DoD and other relevant U.S. agencies during the congressional appropriations process, as well as budgetary assessments provided by governmental agencies and non-governmental agencies (such as think tanks), and disseminate on timely basis to interested parties within Raytheon; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills
- Full proficiency in Excel (including large data sets, pivot tables, formulas), PowerPoint, Word, and internet research
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills capable of creating professional relationships with wide range of internal customers
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- 3.0 GPA and above
- Relevant internship or co-op experience
- Experience with Tableau and SQL databases
- Industry experience
- International experience
- Basic understanding of U.S. federal budget process
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or similar discipline by May 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date. Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition.
** This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.