The Advanced Concepts and Technology Mission Area in Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems, seeks a Lead Systems Engineer (LSE). The position will reside in the System Engineering Integration & Test Center (SEIT) within the Airborne Multi-mode System Requirements section. The candidate will lead the Development of a radar development program by managing system analysis, requirements flow down & specification, interface design, and software development for the radar system.
Job Related Activities:
- Develop, Lead, & Own the technical solution in support of customer needs/requirements for assigned Radar program
- Actively work with program counterparts in Business Development, Program Management, and/or customers to elicit objectives and requirements and to resolve technical issues
- Lead the Radar engineering team to successfully create system architectures and design artifacts to deliver the technical approach for fulfilling the customer’s request
- Responsible for providing comprehensive technical leadership in the development and integration of high-performance sensor solutions. This includes serving as the lead authority supporting program execution, strategy development and business development
- Ensure the generation of Supplier Statement of Works and/or Specifications are accurate per the needed & expected performance and that they also adhere to company policy
- Lead the completion of Jurisdiction Classification Assessments (JCA) for tech solutions/Manage OCR entries for EXIM requests
- Lead the generation of AT/IA plans for radar technical solutions
- Lead the management of subcontractor technical solutions and installations on airborne platforms
- Lead the management of technical facets of EX/IM to include: ITAR/EAR controlled information, RGEMS, DSP-5
- Lead the development of Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and top-down decomposition of functions and architecture approach for radar pursuits
- Lead incorporation of DO-178C principles during this demonstration system phase
- Ensure the consistent application of engineering best practice and all activities undertaken under your control are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's IPDS processes
- Domestic Travel
- Using Raytheon 6 Sigma proactively to foster a culture of continuous process improvement
- Responsible for all requirements management and Integration Verification and Validation activities for the system.
- 10 years of related engineering experience
- Technical Background/Knowledge in Radar systems onto an airborne platform
- Perform the full spectrum of sensor and system integration into Aircraft
- Ability to lead the capture and execution of a large team (25+) that will perform development, integration, & test on a program that will culminate with deliverable HW to the customer
- A proactive team-builder who can motivate and lead by example multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability with system engineering processes, including cost, resource and schedule management
- Experience in Proposals – bidding, BOEs and ETC files, Program planning, by phase
- Experience using DOORS – Requirements derivation, Allocation, Linking, overall management, DOORS 9.6x
- Work with Raytheon SMEs to define performance requirements
- Previous experience with frequent communication to the customer to ensure customer satisfaction is maximized
- Lead the identification effort for potential IRAD projects and initiatives that could feed future solutions
- Experience with and knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles and demonstrable application of relevant methodologies and toolsets
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems.
- Radar modeling, design and Integration and test
- Environmental qualification testing
- Radar flight testing
- Skilled at anticipating problems and planning to mitigate them
- System Architecture design
Required Education: B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline,
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.