General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking an Export Compliance Coordinator to serve as the primary interface for all aspects of trade compliance for Divisions of General Dynamics Information Technology and work closely with the Empowered Officials, Contracts Department and Program Teams.
Responsibilities will include:
Provide support in all legal and regulatory aspects of the Company's global export and import activities, including licensing, compliance and audit. The position will be involved in managing and overseeing a full spectrum of international trade compliance issues. Primary duties include:
• Provide support in all aspects of international trade compliance, with focus on those matters covered by regulations of the Department of State (ITAR), Department of Commerce (EAR), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Department of Treasury, U.S. Customs and Census Bureau (ACE).
• Conduct jurisdiction analyses, support submission of Commodity Jurisdiction requests, identify and evaluate licensable transactions, support submission of export authorizations and licenses, conduct restricted party screening and make internal process improvements.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of export applications and gate review transactions (e.g. International Travel, Shipping, etc.) to support completion of applications and manage internal processes required to export services and articles.
• Review Solicitations and Contracts and provide recommendations to Capture and Program Teams on export compliance requirements for incorporation into proposals and/or existing Programs.
• Provide focused training program staff to ensure compliance with all export requirements.
• Support internal and external audits of export and import policies and procedures.
• Review and support internal policies and procedures in the area of export and import compliance
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
• Participate in special projects as required
8-10 years experience in International Trade compliance, preferably with a services-oriented defense company. Minimum two years of experience in a similar Empowered Official Support Role. Experience with International Trade requirements/interactions in support of Department of Defense and intelligence agencies is preferred. Prior ATF export/import experience is preferred. Ability to analyze complex government regulations and apply the appropriate controls to ensure compliance in a fast paced environment. Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work independently, and able to work across multi-functional organizations. Travel may be required to GDIT locations as needed.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2. May require CUSECO (Certified US Export Compliance Officer) certification.