SAIC is looking to hire a Program Manager to support the DoD High Performance Computing Modernization Program located at the Army Research Lab, in Aberdeen, MD.
• Organize, direct, and manage program execution, performance, operations and support functions and as the primary point of contact, act as the client interface on all issues concerning center operations and support and ensure proactive, two way communication between Team SAIC leadership and customer.
• Responsible for successful delivery of the SAIC Service Delivery Model to our customer and manage performance of a task or project as part of a larger program under direction of the contract program manager.
• Manage risk, customer relationships and ensure compliance with quality standards and escalate challenges to SAIC leadership.
• Manage and integrate site specific projects, activities and supply chain activities for the center in accordance with contract requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
• Identify and analyzes significant variances, and establishes corrective actions.
• Develop program-specific processes, procedures, techniques, or tools.
• Primary interface for all program issues and problem escalation and resolution.
• Identify key resources required to manage and execute to the program baseline often requiring frequent, real-time changes to meet dynamic program needs.
• Work with Team SAIC Capability Team Leads to ensure appropriate staffing is available to meet center requirements.
• Manage and integrate a large size program staff that includes subcontractors, suppliers and task or project leads.
• Participate in the performance review process, compensation-related actions, and enterprise hiring decisions to include screening and interviewing potential hires.
• Contribute to the overall program strategic plan to expand current service offerings as well to re-compete capture strategy.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
• PMP Certification
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage competing demands
• Proven experience collaborating with multi-function teams and subject matter experts in a geographically distributed environment
• Experience as an effective leader with a broad background in HPC Data Center management/support, capable of interacting and communicating with all disciplines of technical support staff
• Experience using Project Management Institute (PMI) project management principles and practices