General Dynamics Mission Systems (https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/)
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is active at time of hire. Applicants with the desired skills and experience but without an active clearance may be considered. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Participates in electrical requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis (e.g. timing, power, etc.), design, integration, and verification of electrical components, equipment and systems
• Applies principles and techniques of Electrical Engineering
• Performs electrical engineering root cause analysis for electrical issues, conducts experimental tests, evaluates results to formulate and implement solutions to issues
• Participates in electrical reviews of electrical components, equipment and systems
• Evaluates vendor capability to support product development
• Applies a good understanding of the organizationally defined electrical processes used throughout the lifecycle of the program or project
• Supports the generation of engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the electrical development life cycle
• Contributes to the research and analysis of data, such as customer design proposal specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
• Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability
• Plans sub tasks for activities described above
• Generally works with multiple work groups
• Generally works on problems of moderate scope under general supervision
• Interface with project leaders and Program Managers
• Interface with external customers
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Use of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and theories
• Understanding of electrical engineering processes
• Keeps abreast of technology trends
• Aware of business objective and Engineering role in achieving
• Good working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications
• Good knowledge in electrical engineering design tools
• Good to excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to think creatively
• Ability to multi-task
• Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
• Understands and begins to apply basic project management principles including schedule and earned value management
• Ability to recognize and clearly report information relevant to sound electrical engineering design
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Travel may be required
• Security clearance required
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPERIENCES
Candidates for this position should also have experience in the following areas:
Good understanding of digital and analogue design and circuitry. Develop and review engineering schematic drawings and technical documentations. Use of CAD or simulation tools to model, analyze, and document circuit analysis.
Experience with hardware cabinets, enclosure, and structural design used in undersea platforms (i.e. submarines). Good understanding of commercial COTS hardware and systems.
Experience with environmental qualification testing of hardware and system components, specifically EMI and Power.
Experience and understanding with military, IEEE and UL standards, handbooks, and processes. Support the build, inspection, and qualification/testing of components, equipment, and assemblies.
Strong communication skills. Interface with managers, engineering project and team leads, and customers.
Comfortable with multitasking and customer presentations.
All Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance.
Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs.
Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Mission Systems culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure General Dynamics Mission Systems services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Analog and digital circuit design and development.
Acoustic sensor and acceleronmeter technologies is a plus.
Server, processor, and network switch designs and architecture.
Good experience and understanding of SONAR and undersea systems, hardware, and requirements.
Electrical testing and component/system characterization.
Experience with Electromagnetic Capability and Interference (EMI/EMC).
Power analysis, supplies and electronics.
Circuit modeling and circuit CAD skills.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran