Position: 842-Business Systems Analyst
Type: Full Time
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
FTI is seeking Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to support its Fleet Energy Conservation Dashboard (FECD) project in Chesapeake, VA. Work location also can be at FTI sites including but not limited to Huntsville, AL and Dayton, OH. The FECD development team manages its work using an Agile Scrum methodology. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work in a dynamic, Agile environment in support of a Government customer located in Washington, D.C.
This position requires an analyst to work hand-in-hand with managers, developers, senior technical personnel, and customer user groups. The candidate will work with both the development team and its customer to coordinate the on-time development and delivery of analytic solutions within the FECD. The candidate should have working knowledge of data visualizations, graphing, UX/UI, storyboarding, process flows, requirements documentation, and business process analysis. Familiarization with Scrum Methodology toolsets, such as JIRA, Confluence, and/or TFS are desired.
The BSA relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals working under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required and expected. Other responsibilities include requirements refinement, code testing and validation, procedural documentation, and product design presentation.
- Work under the supervision of a Project Manager according to company policies and project specifications.
- Analyze and review existing systems and program logic to become familiar with the existing product features.
- Develop storyboards and processes flow for feedback.
- Document manuals, user guides, and/or regular status reports.
- Participate in development processes concerning new applications to meet client needs.
- Provide strategic advice for business processes and solutions.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and with technical staff to develop solution alternatives.
- Understand and apply the system development methodology.
- Communicate status, business impacts, and system and scope changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management and other interested parties.
- Coordinate issue tracking and resolution.
- Manage testing activities for project and maintenance assignments.
- Provide guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios if/as requested.
- Prepare and review test plans; identify testing risks and contribute to the overall management of project and risk and mitigation plans; coordinate, manage and participate in complex testing efforts if/as requested.
- Provide general customer and IT support for assigned applications.
- Work with business and technical staff to perform effective root-cause analysis and resolution.
- Gather, compile, interpret and summarize systems and business process changes; maintain system support tables.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required to work effectively with team members and clients.
- Thorough approach to tasks, with strong attention to details and problem solving.
- Familiar with emerging technology and UX/UI approaches
- (Minimum) Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution of higher education, preferably in STEM
- Professional certifications such as CSM, PMP, Security +CE, ITIL a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 2 years of experience with a Master’s degree.
- Requires ability to analyze complex business problems, perform root-cause analysis, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Professional products required
- JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio, and SharePoint experience strongly preferred.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to maintain a current government security clearance.