full-time employee contract
The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Duties may include: (may be modified with concurrence of the Contracting Officer and contractor Program Manager)
• Establish complex operational software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned
• Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required.
• Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
• Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
• Review, prepares, and update AIS accreditation packages
• Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS accreditation/certification
• Perform AIS self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of all system test plans
• Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
• Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
• Perform VTC System Administration, Scheduling, & Configuration
• Provide guest networks Client Support
• Perform Account Creations, changes, & deletions
• Provide Help Desk & troubleshooting
• Perform Hardware/Software System Configuration, upgrades and modifications
• Provide Personal-Issue Laptop Support
• Perform Media Control & Accountability
• Perform COMSEC account/equipment management
• 3 - 4 years related experience
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience (4 years)
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire.
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2007 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP/Vista operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
• Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration.
• Working knowledge of JAFAN 6/0, DCID/JAFAN 6/3, DCID/JAFAN 6/9, and Joint DODIIS/Cryptologic SCI Information Systems Security Standards, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to C&A
• Must have working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is a plus
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents.
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs