full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech's 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a "top 100 Global Technology Company" by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation's most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Technology Solutions (MCIS) Group. Mantech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Entry Level Linux System Administrator, in the Clarksburg, WV area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists ofa team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer's success is driving our growth.
As a Linux System Administrator, you will perform daily system administration duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning and troubleshooting. You will configure system based on requested changes. Follow CM process to effectively manage environment changes. You will be on-call, as required during the year, supporting mission critical systems. (on call rotation). You will also provide necessary instruction/documentation for change requests. Installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products.
• Shall possess 0 to 4 years experience in installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products.
• Shall possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of systems.
• Possess knowledge of RedHat Linux, Solaris, and/or other Linux baselines.
• Demonstrated possession of strong communications skills and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Demonstrated possession of excellent Personal Computer skills, including MS Office, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to apply best-practice knowledge and apply skills to deliver an effective solution specific to project needs.
• Ability to translate business and technical requirements into extensible, scalable and maintainable services and the demonstrated abilities to understand functional and technical specifications.
• Ability to design and implement an efficient solution that meets system requirements in a manner that is extensible and easily maintained.
• Ability to maintain systems and communicating task status in a timely manner.
Education and Experience Required:
Prefer Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or other related disciplines) or equivalent and zero to four years of experience.
Security Requirements: Must have an active Top Secret Clearance
Key Words: RedHat Linux, Solaris, COTS, Microsoft Office, Outlook