full-time employee contract
Join the ManTech Cyber Solutions Group and become an integral member of a diverse Cyber Range Services team. For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex national security problems. We are comprised of approximately 8,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base expands and diversifies, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies. Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Linux Systems Engineer to join our team in the Stafford, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Primary duties include performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering of multiple large enterprise server environments (Linux- Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora, Kali, Ubuntu)
• Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools
• Analyze functional System applications and design specifications for functional activities
• Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation
• Complete day to day Operations & Maintenance tasks
• Perform operating system software updates, upgrades and patches
• Support customer in the development and maintenance of systems of systems.
• Bachelor's degree and five or more years of experience, or additional experience in lieu of degree
• Linux Engineering experience in Red Hat, CentOS, Free BSD, Kali and variants
• Proficiency in shell scripting and manipulating the Linux command line
• Puppet, Python, PHP desired
• Active Secret with the ability to obtain TS/SCI