Section Manager - Seapower and Electronics Systems - Portsmouth, RI
The Seapower and Electronic Systems Department (SESD) within the Electrical Design Directorate (EDD) is seeking to fill a Section Manager position within the department.
Candidate job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: attending status reviews, monitoring program costs, preparing proposals and being able to follow the Raytheon Integrated Product Development Process (IPDS). The candidate will use their strong and diverse technical background to provide technical input in resolving complex engineering problems. The candidate will also participate in overseeing electronic hardware development for several programs to meet customer requirements plus meet cost and schedule goals. The candidate will also be responsible for the leadership, performance development, administration of work assignments, resource allocation/planning, and career development of their section members. Additional duties include; mentoring of section members, deploying organizational goals for their section, ensure compliance with Raytheon Policies & Procedures by all section members and participation in talent acquisition and retention initiatives.
- An Active Secret Security Clearance
- Preparing customer or management level briefings
- Project and team leadership
- Preparing and reviewing proposals
- Earned Value Measurement System process
- Six Sigma (Qualified Specialist)
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining good working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, and supporting functional organizations
- Demonstrated experience establishing performance measures and metrics
- Demonstrated experience establishing processes and procedures, influencing decisions, and achieving results
- Ability to define, develop and deploy organizational specific processes
- Flexible and comfortable working in a fast-pasted environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results driven environment
- EV Certification
- Project Engineering leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Occasional Travel
- 10 Years, with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
- or 8 years with MS/MA in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
- or 6 years with PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.