Now that you are graduating, are you looking for a challenging and exciting career? If the answer is yes, have you thought about helping design and develop highly complex flight simulation systems for missiles?
The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), at Raytheon, is comprised of five departments,
with an engineering population of 450+ employees. We design and produce $300M+/year of engineering test stations. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain engineering competencies throughout all missile engineering test activities, and to make these systems more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) RF Systems Department has the responsibility to design, develop, and maintain engineering test systems (missile flight simulators) that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon’s hardware and software. This work is very challenging and exciting.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
The successful candidate will participate in engineering teams which perform the hardware design, development, and integration of test solutions. Common tasks include the following activities:
· Design and develop hardware Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) and cabling for engineering test equipment solutions such as Software Evaluation Stations (SWES), Computer in the Loop (CIL) and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) facilities
· Create development plans, requirements, and tests for hardware products
· Perform troubleshooting and debugging of hardware
· Follow established development practices and processes
· Basic engineering skills, familiarity with laboratory test equipment, and electronics
· Knowledge and/or course work in CCA design and schematic capture using tools such as DxDesigner, Boardstation, or OrCad
· Knowledge of common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as RS-422, USB, PCIe, etc.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
· Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as good written/verbal communication skills
· Self-starter and able to manage personal workload with a demonstrated ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
· Ability to obtain DoD issued Secret Clearance
· This position requires the eligibility to obtain a Secret security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
· Course work experience with high speed interfaces using Gigabit Transceivers such as Rocket IO
· Course work experience with signal integrity of digital signals including grounding and shielding techniques
· Course work experience integrating computer hardware interfaces with programmable devices (Xilinx or Altera)
· Course work experience writing Firmware (VHDL or Verilog)
· Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
· Familiarity with Linux or Unix Operating Systems
· Familiar with basic lab test equipment, CAD, PSpice, Timing Designer, and Mentor Graphics design tools
· Master of Science in an Engineering field (Electrical, Computer, or other closely related technical discipline)
· Degree must have been obtained within the last 18 months
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
The job title for a Master of Science degree is an Electrical Engineer II (G07)
Desired Education (including Major):
· Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
· ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at to determine if they meet the qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.