Do you enjoy tackling technical problems no one has solved before?
Do you want to join a team that thrives on diversity of thought and innovative ideas?
If you answered "yes", then the Raytheon Systems Verification Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) is interested in you. Our elite team integrates complex technology, debugging and resolving interface issues as we produce, demonstrate and deliver state-of-the-art software for areas including radars, command and control platforms, missile systems and cyber defense. As an integrator you will learn the design principles of new systems by attending design reviews to determine their architecture, operations and interfaces. As a Systems Engineering Manager you will lead the design of specialized technical testing to demonstrate system performance to our customers, typically including live fire testing in the field. Join a world class team of systems engineers who are building defense technologies to make the world a safer place. Explore some of the systems you may be working with as a member of our team.
Ballistic Missile Defense:
Air and Missile Defense Radar:
IDS Engineering’s Systems Validation, Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) is the central focus for integration, test and validation activities. SVTAD employees provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. SVTAD employees are involved in all aspects of test including: design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level testing through sell-off of IDS' most sophisticated systems and technologies.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments that will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
An opportunity for a Systems Engineering Section Manager currently exists within SVTAD's Systems Integration Test and Evaluation (SITE) Department in Woburn, Massachusetts. SITE personnel execute integration, verification, validation, and sell-off for numerous defense programs with a primary focus on domestic and international radar systems.
The Systems Integration Test and Evaluation department is in need of a Section Manager as a Front Line Leader (FLL) the responsibilities include:
- Supervises and leads a team of approximately 20 members
- Establishes meaningful and measureable goals and communicate effectively with team to ensure alignment with the department and Raytheon
- Conducts formal and informal performance reviews and career development discussions
- Leads by example, adheres to and ensures alignment with the Raytheon Values and Behaviors
- Collaborates with multi-facet teams in the operation, testing and troubleshooting of systems
- Plans and executes independently software/ systems integration plans and schedules
- Prepares presentations and written communication for various stakeholders on program, team and internal customers
- Executes and supports various programs across the department
- Eight (8) + years overall engineering experience in a task lead or senior level role.
- Experience in the operation, test and troubleshooting of complex military systems
- Experience with CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)
- Experience with software/systems integration planning and execution
- Active or obtain a security clearance; U.S. citizens is required to be eligible for a security clearance
- Experience with EVMS (Earned Value Management System or similar budget tracking system)
- Knowledge with the Performance Development Process
- EVMS Certified Level II
- Certified Six Sigma Specialist
- Experience with Raytheon’s Proposal Capture Process (development of compliant Basis of Estimates, and White Sheet Development)
- Experience with the Estimate at Complete (EAC) process and Engineering Labor Forecasting (ELF) System
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge with business and program improvements through process improvement methodologies
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or related curriculum
What’s YOUR Mission?
"Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. Kennedy
- Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerAll these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.Business Unit ProfileHeadquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.