Raytheon is seeking a Senior Computer Network Technologist I who would implement network security and information assurance solutions for program and development systems based upon system level requirements, architecture models, and engineering design documents using a defense-in-depth approach and trusted products.
Team member who provides support and serves on the Network Engineering team including technical support to the Network Administrators and System Administrators, monitoring and maintaining the current infrastructure, improving system performance, and automating system administration. A Computer Network Technologists role will involve maintenance, installation, testing and general support for network infrastructure. The ability and knowhow to do basic/advanced troubleshooting and testing during and after an implementation. A solid understating of networking fundamentals is required, and how these fundamental technologies are used in a LAN, MAN or WAN architecture.
The candidate shall possess the following capabilities for this position:
- Five (5) years of relevant professional experience and training commensurate with network engineering curriculums
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements;
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information
- Provide the Tier 3 support and serves on the Network Administration team.
- Provide technical support to the Network Administrators and System Administrators, monitor and maintain the current infrastructure, improve system performance, and automate system administration.
- Provide input to the design of the organizations network and mission architecture.
- Be familiar with commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) technologies and trusted products
- Have recent experience in designing secure high assurance/high availability networks, preferably using Juniper router and appliances
- Have hands-on experience with Type 1 encryption
- Have recent experience configuring and implementing VoIP solutions using Cisco Call Manager
- Possess good writing, speaking and interpersonal skills; ability to take initiative and work unsupervised a must
- Have the ability to support travel (up to 10%)
- Junos Network Certified Associate (JNCIA-JUNOS) or above certification
- Experience configuring Juniper SRX and EX series routers and switches
- Recent experience deploying security solutions for DoD networks (JWICS, SIPRNET, NIPRNET)
- Experience with Fluke network analyzers
- Multi-platform experience (Windows, UNIX, LINUX) a plus
Required Education (including Major):A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering or related discipline and five (5) years of relevant professional experience and training commensurate with network engineering curriculums.Applicants subject to a U.S. government security background investigation and must meet minimum eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. citizenship required. Active TS/SCI required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.