Technical Support Technician (Job Number:442176)
SAIC is hiring a Technical Support Specialist to support the DoD at Wright Patterson, AFB in Dayton, OH.
Under direct supervision and through on the job training, the candidate will perform routine tasks to include:
- Performing all required hourly and daily system checks in accordance with prescribed schedules
- Keeping the task manager informed of any unusual conditions or problems encountered in the performance of daily duties
- Monitoring of systems and networks within the HPCMP Enterprise utilizing Unix/Linux workstations. Windows systems may also be used in various tasks.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the physical security in the data center.
- Monitoring the facility environment and responding accordingly to abnormal conditions or failures.
- Operators will interact with and assist System Administration staff to report, track and resolve issues.
- The Operator will use a variety of interactive tools and processes to determine the health of systems and networks by performing all required hourly and daily system checks in accordance with prescribed schedules.
- Generate trouble tickets for tier 2 and 3 support. May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists.
- Maintains and updates records and tracking databases.
Required Education and Experience:
- AA Degree in a related discipline and 0-1+ years of relevant experience; Or a High School diploma or equivalent and up to two (2) years or more of related experience. Having a certification would be a plus.
- Must have experience using a trouble ticketing system or be able to learn how to use one.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to monitor the facilities' environment and respond to any abnormal or technical failures that may occur
- Ability to master multiple interactive tools to preform all needed technical repairs
- Must have at least one year of direct technical experience
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance
- Must have experience with databases
- Strong skill set using Microsoft Office products and troubleshooting technical problems
- Any CompTIA certifications
- Organization, self-starter, and have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 26, 2018, 10:57:22 AM
Primary Location: United States-OH-WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job