SAIC is hiring a Technical Support Specialist to support the DoD at Wright Patterson, AFB in Dayton, OH.
Under direct supervision and through on the job training, the candidate will perform routine tasks to include:
• Performing all required hourly and daily system checks in accordance with prescribed schedules
• Keeping the task manager informed of any unusual conditions or problems encountered in the performance of daily duties
• Monitoring of systems and networks within the HPCMP Enterprise utilizing Unix/Linux workstations. Windows systems may also be used in various tasks.
• Responsible for the monitoring of the physical security in the data center.
• Monitoring the facility environment and responding accordingly to abnormal conditions or failures.
• Operators will interact with and assist System Administration staff to report, track and resolve issues.
• The Operator will use a variety of interactive tools and processes to determine the health of systems and networks by performing all required hourly and daily system checks in accordance with prescribed schedules.
• Generate trouble tickets for tier 2 and 3 support. May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists.
• Maintains and updates records and tracking databases.