***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the Software Engineering work products delivered to our customers meet their specified technical requirements and are developed using approved development processes and procedures. The Software Quality Engineer must be able to work within a cross-function, matrixed organization in which there is close interaction and collaboration with Program Quality and various Engineering disciplines.
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of an effective Software Quality program designed to minimize development risk and ensure technically correct work products. Responsible tasks include, but not limited to, analysis of software requirements, peer review of software and systems engineering artifacts (source code, design artifacts, test plans and procedures), performing independent assessments of software development process compliance, executing defect trend analysis and RCCA activities, and participating in final software acceptance testing and approval.
Key Software Quality responsibilities may include:
- Assist in the design, development, integration and test phases of development.
- Preform independent process and product assessments, root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action.
- Support the collecting and reporting of predictive performance measures to indicate trends and issues.
- Review manufacturing and test readiness to ensure all required actions are complete and correct before approval.
- Programming experience i.e. UNIX, Java, C, C++, C#
- Knowledgeable of Software Processes; the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI), the software lifecycle; requirements, design, implementation, and software testing
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain an SSBI/DoD Secret Clearance
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education (including major): Must have a BS / BA with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or other related field by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Must be able to effectively express ideas in written and verbal form
- Demonstrated problem solving, and organizational, planning, multitasking and interpersonal skills required
- Experience in coordinating efforts across multiple projects, managing conflicting schedules and priorities
- Experience with providing shared resource support for efforts with multiple, varying levels of funding
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience in supporting multiple SW development teams in a compartmentalized security environment
- Knowledge in configuration management and control tools i.e. Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, PDM, Defect Logger, iTracker
- Experience in AS9100 and ISO 9001 requirements
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development
- Experience with Static Analysis tools and techniques
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.