The Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills and will be directly accountable for ensuring overall supplier performance. You must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management, including supplier management.
You will be responsible for developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans. The MPM serves as the leader for all program’s supply chain activities and is the liaison between the Program Manager(s), IPT’s and other functional leads, and the Supply Chain organization. The MPM is also responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. Responsibilities span from the front end of the business SCM activities through contract closure. The position requires an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team.
The ideal candidate will have financial, contracting, manufacturing and negotiating experience and have had project management or value stream leader responsibilities including, but not limited to Risk and Opportunity management, personnel management, briefing in customer forums, and the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates, manages and executes material program strategy (MPS) and the material program plan (MPP).
- Provides comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensures IPDP compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable.
- Overall ownership of the supplier management process including supplier performance, SCM metrics, international issues, Make/Buy Where strategy, strategic agreements, and communication of customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- Develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
- Develop and execute risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives
- Member of program office that participates in Program Performance Reviews (PPR), Program Change Control Board (PCCB), Risk & Opportunity Review Board, and Engineering Review Board (ERB).
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Monitor and proactively act to address performance and financial metrics including those related to cost, schedule, quality and EVMS.
- Responsible for financial tasks related to material including developing and tracking budgets, targets, working capital, initiating & maintaining accurate sales forecasts, short-range outlooks (SRO), material EACs, sales and operating Plans and Annual Operating Plans (AOP).
- Act as the Control Account Manager (CAM) for material and SCM labor.
- Flow down Supplier Management Best Practices to suppliers which include risk mitigation and subcontract management plans.
- Collaborate with other S3 programs to maximize efficiency of program execution including radar commonality.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in material program management, supply chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Contracts, or Quality functions
- Experience with MS Office (i.e. Word, Power Point, Excel and Project)
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- Experienced leader communicating and presenting to all levels of Management and senior leadership
- U.S. Citizenship
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience with MRP (Preferably SAP)
- Raytheon MPM certification or equivalent experience
- Supply chain experience in the Aerospace or Defense industry
- Experience working with Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Contracts, and Quality functions.
- EVMS, Earned Value certification or equivalent
- Working experience as a Cost Account Manager
- Experience supporting/leading proposal efforts
- Experience implementing continuous improvement, Six Sigma or Lean methodologies/principals
- APICS Certification (CPIM, CPM) or equivalent
- Experience managing suppliers and/or major subcontractor management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Finance, Operations or related field
- MBA, Masters in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.