Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas?
Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother’s room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursdays, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
Plus there are a lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
Raytheon is seeking a talented and passionate Platform Architect to join our DevOps Transformation team. As a Platform architect, you will be responsible for supporting our team and programs in their journey to adopt DevOps and Agile methodologies as a new way of working. You will also viewed as a leader with significant automation and programming experience throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). A successful DevOps platform architect has technical depth across the Full DevOps Spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovations.
Must be US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
Note: Candidates with a current TS/SCI Security Clearance or higher are eligible for a $20,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon
• Design & develop CI/CD pipelines for delivering reliable platform solutions.
• Guide and lead the Dojo team on implementation and improving the platform and solutions
• Plan on how to deliver the right infrastructure for a different set of solutions and technologies.
• Create proof-of-concepts to demonstrate feasibility of new ideas and innovations
• Embrace the DevOps way of working for continuous delivery and self-healing systems
• Communicate with senior leaders regarding the architecture, discuss problems and recommend solutions and improvements.
• Work with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on the development of products and enhancements.
• Responsible for working with programs and customers on the deployment of cloud native architectures that leverage modern enterprise frameworks/languages.
• Responsible for working with programs on design cloud native data architectures that include traditional database, caching, archival (Hadoop, S3) and other data technologies.
• Drive recommendations for business prioritization, roadmaps, and product improvements.
• Practice and enforce Agile and Scrum development methodologies
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance and US Citizenship required.
• 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
• Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
• Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
• Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
• Strong hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, or C++.
• Branch Strategies that enabled agile development
• Container Orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Mesos, DockerEE)
• Cloud Adoption Strategies
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements.
• Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, and APM tools.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
• Experience with Cloud Formation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
• Experience with development and automated testing.
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
• Experience leading the certification or accreditation of cloud workload(s) to meet industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
• Experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements.
REQUIRED EDUCATION (including Major):
8+ Years of experience with a B.S. /B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.