This job opportunity is for the SIPRNET System Administrator position at Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), ROTHR Chesapeake, VA facility. The SIPRNET System Administrator is responsible for administering the local DoD classified network servers and workstations, including Windows and Unix/Solaris servers and user workstations in accordance with the authoritative USG requirements documents including (but not limited to): DISA STIGS, DD254, SCGs, CND Directives, OPORDS, etc. The selected candidate will be responsible for day to day operation and sustainment of the classified systems to include (but not limited to):
- Administer all servers and workstations and HBSS products
- Complete STIG checklists for: Servers (DC & MS), OS DNS, Active Directory Forest/Domain, HBSS (All products), GCCS-J, Workstations, Microsoft Office Products, Browser Applications, and Adobe
- Configure servers, workstations and HBSS products IAW STIGs and ensure products are in use with the latest version and supported
- Ensure anti-virus software is up to date and have the latest virus definition files IAW CND Directives and STIGs
- Provide IT expertise for configuration changes affecting the systems/enclave, notify ISSM/ISSO of any configuration changes, and bring before CCB for oversight before implantation
- Provide software patching for all servers and workstations (Microsoft, Java, Adobe, etc.)
- Review scan results from ACAS scans that pertain to servers and workstations
- Remediate CAT I/ CAT II/ CAT III findings associated with scans of servers and workstations
- Coordinate with ISSO/ISSM to update POA&M and reflect open vulnerabilities associated with servers and workstations, develop remediation plans to include milestone completion dates and status updates, and include mitigation process for closed vulnerabilities
- Participate in CCB
- Immediately notify ISSM/ISSO of any irregularities in system operations and/or attacks/compromises (Incident response participant)
- Create accounts after notified by ISSM/ISSO (Account paperwork is complete)
- Obtain any DoD 8570.01 IAT Level 2 required Computing Environment certifications within 6 months of employment.
The ideal candidate possesses strong written and oral communications skills, technical knowledge, exemplary customer service skills, strong time management skills, the ability to find creative solutions to complex challenges, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- US Citizen with an active Top Secret Security Clearance or active Secret Security Clearance with current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Bachelor Degree with 6+ years relevant and recent experience with configuration, system administration and operation of classified network servers and workstations, including Windows and Unix/Solaris servers and user workstations
- System Administrator experience with Microsoft Domain Controllers, Active Directory, DoD Host Based Security System (HBSS), DISA Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Experience with classified server and workstation assessment and hardening using various information system security assessment/hardening tools – DISA STIGs, SCAP, ACAS, HBSS, Retina, Nessus, etc.
- Experience successfully and effectively interacting with internal and external customers (DSS, ISSPs, ISRs, DAOs, Program Managers, etc.)
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
- Ability to act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage to schedule
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations. Comfortable with public speaking.
- Must be willing and able to travel to other locations as required on occasion
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level 2 (requires one or more of the following Professional Certifications: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Computing Environment certifications to include Windows and Solaris
- In-depth knowledge of NIST special publications, CNSS policies and instructions, and other requirements documents associated with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with Assessment & Authorization (A&A) under the RMF
- Experience with preparing for SIPRNET CCRI inspections
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level 3 (requires one or more of the following Professional Certifications: CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
- System Administrator experience with Global Command & Control System – Joint (GCCS-J)
- Network monitoring & logging tools such as Splunk
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or related field of study OR 12 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.