Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) has an opening for a Program Integration/Project Engineer supporting Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) programs. The PI/Project Engineer establishes and drives program cadence to achieve cost, schedule and technical performance requirements.
WLED is a systems engineering organization whose main objective is to influence hardware, software, and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability and economical ownership by the customer and end users.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This position will be a G09 or a G10 depending on the skills and experience of the candidate.Required Skills:
- Implementation of program management plan leveraging best practices, people skills and cross utilization of assets. Assisting product line and program leadership with emerging tasks critical to achieving business objectives.
- Collaborating with stakeholders from multiple functions such as Engineering, Global Supply Chain, Quality, Manufacturing, IPT Program Leads, and IDS Logistics to execute the scope of the program.
- Identifying and implementing key product line and program metrics, and leading development of situational awareness reporting and management tools for product line and program leadership teams to drive program success.
- Coordinating program start-up process with affected stakeholders within area of responsibility in accordance with Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System (IPDS)
- Preparing and managing all required product lifecycle artifacts and reviews
- Capturing and tracking actions and working with action owners to ensure timely closure of actions.
- Cross functional coordination and creation of material to support monthly Program Management Reviews (PMR).
- Support contract bidding, negotiation and contract definitization efforts.
- Preparing, revising, updating and monitoring required documentation and analysis in compliance with contract requirements, IPDS, Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Corporate and Business policies and procedures.
- 6 years of related experience in technical management, project management or a related task lead role
- Experience with program management tools and processes in one of the following areas: EVMS, Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management, proposal development or related project management process
- 6 years of demonstrated experience in engineering management, control account management, program planning and scheduling, risk and opportunity management or similar management discipline
- Prior experience and application of Defense Acquisition processes
- Prior experience supporting development, production and/or sustainment programs, preferably in the aerospace and defense industry
- Demonstrated skills in planning and execution for both short-term requirements and long-term opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills with special focus on achieving active participation of appropriate individuals across the business
- Team leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to influence without authority to achieve business objectives
- Experience developing and reviewing cost proposals and synthesizing business review material for Management review and approval
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Raytheon Program Management Excellence (PMX) Certification, or equivalent
- Earned Value Certification or equivalent
- Advanced degree or professional certification(s)
- Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one
BS/BA in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Supply Chain, Finance, Business, or related field. 8+ years of prior relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a BA/BS unless. (Two years related work experience may substitute for one year of education).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.