This position is responsible for all Quality & System Assurance aspects on one or more programs and will span all phases of the program. This position requires interaction with customer representatives, program management, subcontractors and engineering. The position will manage, implement, perform and report on quality assurance activities per the documented plans, contract requirements and company standards. Applicant should be capable of establishing and implementing the quality management system requirements with an understanding of management by measurement concepts.
The Principal Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for assuring products meet their specified requirements, are consistent, complete, and correct as warranted for the system and operational environment, and satisfy program, product line, business, customer, and mission needs. This position complements Systems Engineering, and enables mission assurance by proactively identifying and addressing areas where the adequacy of program plans, requirements, analyses, risk mitigation plans, certification/verification/validation/qualification approaches and process/product noncompliance have the potential to impact overall mission success.
The successful candidate will:
- Plan, establish, and administer Mission Assurance Systems through design, development, production and maintenance phases on defense programs
- Provide mission assurance management services from concept to retirement on a variety of US, Government and other contracts
- Identify and implement Mission Assurance requirements applicable to major programs and ensure flow down to suppliers.
- Monitor Product and Process Mission Assurance through area evaluation and quality metrics
- Assist with development of robust root cause analysis and effective corrective action plans.
- Provide Mission Assurance technical support for Product Development Teams, suppliers and internal/external customers
- Engage in early planning stages to characterize programmatic, design, development and/or production risks that compromise Mission Assurance.
- Manage and perform process and product assessments for compliance to company directives, program plans, procedures, and work instruction.
- Ensure requirements and designs are poised for productibility, testability, reusability, reliability, safety, and maintainability
- Support major program milestone and technical reviews.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in mission assurance, quality assurance, reliability, system engineering, or design engineering
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Techniques
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Tool Suite (Word, Advance Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in the application of industry standards and practice e.g. Quality Management Systems- Requirements (AS9100, ISO 9001)
- Ability to collaborate with program team members to develop practical solutions to complex problems
- Working knowledge of close-loop corrective action system
- Experience in predictive and proactive measures and metrics assessments and leading actions to improve performance or mitigate problems
- Ability to receive a Department of Defense Security Clearance
- US Citizenship
- American Society of Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Manager of Quality Organizational Excellence, Black Belt
- Supervisory experience providing mentoring, training, and coaching.
- Project Management planning tasks, establishing schedules, effective negotiations, goal setting, and dealing with issues across multiple programs to achieve consensus on a plan.
- Demonstrated experience with Quality Tools: Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) techniques, Quality Functional Deployment (QFD), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), Reliability Engineering, and other Quality Tools
- Familiarity with product development processes (requirements, design, coding and testing), systems engineering methodologies and test techniques
- Demonstrated track record in continuous problem prevention, resolution, close loop corrective action, and development of best-practices for technical functional excellence.
- Highly accountable; mentally agile and capable of managing and completing assigned tasks
- Experience with quality metrics (performance measuring and trend analysis)
- Lead or participate as member of a Failure Review Board or Failure Review and Corrective Action (FRACA)
- Experience in risk & opportunity management
- Practical knowledge of systems engineering, reliability, and system safety requirements
Required Education: B.S. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, or Quality AssuranceDesired Education: Masters Engineering or Business degreeThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience in development / bidding proposals and reviewing contractual documentation to assure correct flow down of customer requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and team player that works without appreciable direction.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present to audiences at all levels.
- Military experience is a plus
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.