We are seeking a Low Noise Analog / Mixed Signal Design Professional to assume a key role within the Do you have a strong desire to work on projects that are critical to the defense of our nation?If your answers are yes, we are looking for you to join our team at Raytheon Missile Systems. We are in Tucson, AZ, one of the top 10 metro areas for the aerospace and defense industry. Leave your big city commutes behind. Tucson is recognized as one of the best places to raise children, and has the best schools in the state. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a comprehensive relocation package. Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
System Power, Analog and Controls Department.
Do you lead design projects?
Do your colleagues come to you for Low Noise Analog / Mixed Signal Technical guidance?
Required Skills, and Experience:
- Act as the lead designer on complex or challenging technical problems
- Serve as “Responsible Engineering Authority” (REA) for major design efforts involving multiple engineers across multiple disciplines. Generate and/or compile all required analysis and documentation verifying compliance with program and performance requirements.
- Compose objective, quantifiable trade studies to guide critical architectural decisions affecting the performance of other systems and subsystems
- Design 10 – 500MHz low noise 14-bit data acquisition circuit card assemblies.
- Design circuits that interface focal plane arrays and PIN photodiodes to data acquisition electronics.
- Create analytical models which prove compliance to performance specifications
- Direct printed circuit layout of high speed designs.
- Coordinate other engineers in component-selection, packaging, thermal, structural-analysis and test
- Generate project plans, time phasing and resource loading
- Provide accountability to program and functional leadership for technical execution on time and within budget
- Present technical briefings to management, program officials, and technical staff. These must be well-prepared, with adequate data and clear messaging.
- Work with Supply Chain and Fabrication Shops to build breadboard, prototype and production hardware
- Bring up new designs and perform design verification and qualification of the product
- Contribute on the integration team as required to achieve the system performance
- Travel to suppliers or customers as needed
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a minimum of 8- years of applied experience (Mathematics and Physics degrees also acceptable)
- A minimum of Six (6) years of experience involving low noise analog circuitry and electronics design including high speed Analog to Digital Converters, Transimpedance Amplifiers and both active and passive filters.
- Demonstrable mastery of low noise design techniques and data acquisition at both a circuit card and sub-system level.
- Printed circuit layout techniques for high frequency, low noise circuits
- Advance knowledge in analog simulation tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with co-workers, subordinates, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Impeccable professionalism
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating and giving complex technical presentations to executive leadership and customers
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s preferred. (Mathematics and Physics degrees also acceptable)
- Design for electromagnetic interference, and working knowledge of military specifications
- Experience in the design of low noise, high gain transimpedance amplifiers.
- Synopsis SaberRD.
- Experience modeling in VHDL-AMS and/or MAST
- RF Design experience.
- Management experience within a technical aerospace organization
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at:
Check us out on YouTube
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.