The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint Canada and United States radar system that includes 47 sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaskan border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America’s polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the NWS including full care, custody, and control of the entire system and its components. This includes the radar sites, five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a repair depot. Key activities include maintenance and repair of radar and electronic systems, power generation, and facilities; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control
RCL is looking for a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) to oversee radar and infrastructure projects from the planning stage through implementation and close-out.
• Oversee and coordinate the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between project management and operations;
• Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Ensure task order compliance with all contractual requirements and deliverables.
• Establish and build relationships with customers to support growth of business.
• Provide daily status reports on all related contracts and program activities as directed.
• Provide effective and responsive management of subcontractors
• Adhere to all scheduled timelines, milestones, delivery schedules and administrative requirements.
• Work with logistics and material management personnel to ensure the project is completed on time and on budget.
• Respond to other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience in managing facilities and/or radar projects at a senior level
• Knowledge and technical expertise with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel).
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal and people skills, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interface on a regular basis with leadership, managers and other supply chain and finance personnel.
• Self-starter with good organizational skills who can work both independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to quickly learn and utilize business/financial systems.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to work under challenging deadlines.
• Experience preparing Statements of Work, work breakdown structures, proposals and approval documents.
• Prefer a strong background (5+ years) in managing military projects
• Previous experience managing programs that support the military
• Previous experience working in the Arctic
• Related university required or equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.