Overview of Position:
The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering, and have some experience with cost proposals.
The position is in IDS Headquarters, Tewksbury, Massachusetts.
Brief statement of mission/purpose of work group:
Part of the Rapid Hardware Solutions (RHS) Department charter is to serve as the manufacturing arm of engineering product development. Its business areas include development models, proof-of-design, low-rate initial production (LRIP), test equipment, trainers and low-quantity production off-loads from Operations. RHS’s Proposals, Planning & Execution section is responsible for the proposal submittal and management of programs.
RHS’s project engineering team manages programs to assure successful delivery of product while meeting budget and schedule requirements. The project engineers use the Earned Value Management System to manage, track and report their program performance indices. Each project engineer is self-managing and prioritizes his/her own activities to meet program deadlines. The project engineers are the program point of contact for RHS, the design-to-manufacturing liaison, and the project manager. This role will also include proposal generation in support of the RHS proposal team.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Basic Skills: Experience in Project Management
- Support RHS Proposals by generating compliant bids and presenting to MED Leadership for approval
- Estimate labor and material cost based on requirements from Engineering in support of customer RFP
- Provide support to customer fact finding, request for additional information and audit questions
- Lead large and/or critical RHS Projects that require other/junior project lead support due to the project size or complexity
- Work with multiple disciplines including Design Engineering, Integrated Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, and the Program Leadership
- Take ownership of assigned proposal or program and execute to budget, schedule and technical requirements
- Utilize the Earned Value Management System to manage, analyze, track and report program metrics
- Be the design-to-manufacturing liaison, including involvement during preliminary and critical design reviews
- Participate in the configuration control board reviews for manufacturability
- Experience in Manufacturing in a Product Development environment
- Proposal process/tools knowledge
- Engineering Process Knowledge
- Experience with hardware product delivery
Required Education:Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Manufacturing.What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
- Desired Skills:
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to develop a manufacturing plan and track to it
- Ability to pro-actively identify potential program risks and generate mitigation plans
- Organization skills with attention to detail
- Microsoft Office
- EVMS (Earned Value Management System) Certification
- Proficient with VM (Visiprise Manufacturing)
- PRISM System Knowledge
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Follow Follow Follow Follow
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.