What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
IT Software Asset Management Specialist
Raytheon IDS - Open to any US Based IDS location
The IDS IT Business Integration and Service Management (BISM) team is looking for an IT Software Specialist (Asset Management) to manage all aspects of the software asset lifecycle and providing software technical support in a fast paced environment. The Software Specialist will serve as a central point of contact for IT commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products while supporting a broad customer base. Responsibilities include receiving and reviewing IT procurement and application download requests from customers while monitoring purchase requisitions to ensure timely and accurate IT software delivery. Provide oversight of software standards, while researching customer solutions, including but not limited to, performance, risks, warranty, sizing criteria and licensing options. The candidate will support the management of the existing software inventory install base in the IDS environment to ensure compliance while driving out end-of-life software titles from the install base. The candidate will work regularly with all levels of staff across IDS IT, Raytheon cross-business teams and the software suppliers to ensure efficient management of software licenses and entitlements.
Additional responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
Please note that this position is open to any US Based Raytheon IDS location listed in this job posting. Limited and capped relocation support is available at the hiring manager’s discretion if the selected applicant is eligible per company policy and is currently located a significant distance from any of the US based Raytheon IDS Locations. Please note that business travel is likely to be required as the business needs dictate, mostly within the US. Required Skills:
- Assist in the implementation of and adherence to software standards, processes and tools for software licenses and inventory throughout the asset lifecycle (e.g. procurement through retirement)
- Drive IT operation service improvements leveraging best practices and methodologies (e.g., ITIL, Six Sigma)
- Support license true-up and inventory efforts to comply with software corporate wide agreements (CWAs) and end-user license agreements (EULAs)
- Provide excellent customer service experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders and IT strategic partners within IDS
- Analyze service data and evaluate results to choose the best resolutions to customer service challenges
- Ensure all service activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives and software strategy of the IT organization
- 2+ years’ experience in software asset management service operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of software licensing and entitlement models
- Experience working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others collaboratively and constructively
- Experience in multi-tasking, prioritizing, and following through on commitments
Required Education (including Major):
- Ability to use organizational skills to streamline processes and to organize and interpret large amounts of data
- Demonstrated experience working in a ticket based service system, databases and spreadsheets
- Experience to exercise judgement and manage complexity in a diverse cultural environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong computer literacy skills and high understanding of technology
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- ITIL certified
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or any related technical major plus 2 years of applicable experience. Note - Significant directly applicable experience will be considered in lieu of a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.