The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) Subsystems Center (SSC) is looking for a Production Support Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for Data Link and/or RF Subsystems. The Mission of the SSC is to offer the best value solutions that meet our customers’ needs by balancing cost, schedule, performance, and manufacturability through continuous improvement, people development and state-of-the-art subsystems technology advancement.
We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate and coordinate with Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and other Engineering disciplines to resolve issue that may arise during production, testing, and integration. Qualified candidate must have experience with digital, analog and/or RF test and debug of complex circuit card assemblies. Knowledge of digital communications and RF / microwave devices preferred.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Location: Tucson, AZ. Some travel to suppliers may be required. Note:This position is a Salary Grade G08 (Sr Electrical Engineer I)Required Skills:
- Troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
- Resolution of issues on production lines and in testing (including suppliers)
- Failure analysis / root cause determination and corrective action implementation
- Performing analog and digital circuit analysis and characterizing and modeling electrical signals of electronics subsystems in simulation
- Identifying and instantiating circuit card and subassembly design updates
- Lead electrical engineering activities performing integration, test and debug activities on data link and RF assemblies.
- Provide system & telemetry analysis in support of flight test events.
- Minimum 4 years of experience supporting Production and/or Test of data link and/or RF sub-systems in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of RF, analog, digital, and/or mixed signal circuit design and analysis
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations
- Knowledge and experience with Material Review Board, Process Configuration Board, Configuration Control Board and Failure Review Board processes, proposing/defending and implementing Change Notices
- Experience in resolving production issues with suppliers and sub-tier suppliers
- Technical writing and formal presentation experience
- Familiarity with digital communication topics such as: modulation schemes (PSK, FSK, QAM etc.), common receiver figures of merit (BER, MER, EVM etc), and link budgets.
- Experience with any of the following RF test equipment: spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, and arbitrary waveform generators.
- Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes and related industry specifications
- Leadership of small technical teams, including technical oversight and direction, cost estimation, tracking & reporting, coordination and preparation of detailed technical team reports
- Experience with any of the following tools: Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, PSPICE, System Vision, MATLAB, Simulink, MathCad, IDL, Computer Simulation Technologies (CST), Microwave Design Studio, High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) and Advanced Design System (ADS).
- Experience Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver subsystems
- Experience in test automation scripting and test conduction
- Experience with post test flight analysis
- Experience in applying Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods in achieving production yield improvements
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Major(s): Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Master’s degree preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.