The Air & Missile Defense Systems Electrical Subsystems Department within Raytheon Missile Systems’ Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is currently searching for an individual with interest or experience in Optical / System Engineering. The chosen team member will be assisting on development and/or production programs across the portfolio of RMS Electro-Optical (EO) products. The chosen team member will be asked to be flexible while learning subsystem integration and innovation related roles that could include design, design review, production support, process and metric development.
This position is for a Sr. Electrical Engineer I (G08). Depending on the individual’s area of interest and experience, responsibilities may include:
· Optical alignment/testing of telescope assembly
· Implementation of automated test and assembly processes
· Analysis of test data from electro-optical Sensors/Seekers.
· Design of analysis tools for optical sensors.
· Design of optical and opto-mechanical seeker systems and/or test fixtures for missiles
· Working with engineering and production personnel to troubleshoot and provide root cause and corrective action to design and process issues
· Support production related activities in the assembly and documentation of electro-optical subsystems
· Participation as mentee and Individual Contributor supporting program activities
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Bachelor of Science in Optics, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or related discipline from an ABET accredited curriculum.
- Minimum 4+ years of prior experience in optical design, system integration and test, and/or data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in multidiscipline teams.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint to effectively communicate technical analyses and test results to a wide variety of audiences.
- Master of Science in Optics, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or related discipline from an ABET accredited curriculum.
- Ideal candidate will have 6+ years of prior experience in optical design, system integration and test, and/or data analysis.
- Competency in the use of computer analysis tools (MatLab and/or IDL).
- Experience writing C++ code is preferred.
- Experience with electro-optical test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control.
- EO sensor integration and verification experience.
- Working knowledge and exposure to laboratory measurement equipment or techniques for optics, detectors, and EO/IR subsystems data
- Familiarity with production test processes and test problem report disposition
U.S. Citizenship required
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.