Apply knowledge and experience of Optics and Optical Test Equipment to provide evaluation, assembly, integration and test support for the development and production of advanced Imager Turret, Optical and Sensor subassemblies. As part of an Engineering Team, this position may include performing critical opto-mechanical alignments, component evaluations, setting up of opto-mechanical and Alignment support systems, testing and troubleshooting of optical components and system assemblies; providing expertise to evaluate and solve production and quality issues. Contribute to multiple programs as a technical resource. Work and contribute in a fast paced, integrated, multi-disciplined team environment.
- 2+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or 6+ years’ experience with an Associate’s Degree, or 8+ years and some specialized training with a high school diploma
- Direct, hands-on experience with Optical Test and Alignment Equipment, such as Interferometers, Autocollimators and associated support equipment. Ability to troubleshoot and calibrate same.
- Experience in both Visible and IR optical component inspection, cleaning and evaluations.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot optical test stations and recommend/implement repairs and upgrades as required to support production needs.
- Ability to work in a Class 7 Clean Room environment
- Good Communications Skills
- Ability to use Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience using Spectrophotometers (VIS and IR)
- Experience with Environmental Testing of Optical Components
- Laser Integrations and Text Experience is a Plus
- Experience with CodeV, Zemax and/or CREO is a Plus
- Experience with MIL Spec MIL-PRF-13830.
- Active Secret Clearance is a Plus
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
- 2+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Optics and/or Lasers technology, or 6+ years’ experience with an Associate’s Degree, or 8+ years and some specialized training with a high school diploma
- Associates degree in Optics and/or Lasers technology
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.