General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
1. Analyzes voice, video, and data communications networks, including troubleshooting, configuring, upgrading, planning, designing, evaluating, and selecting.
2. Plans network layouts and configures VoIP, routers, and switch systems in enterprise environments.
3. Draw network topologies as required for engineering and operations support documentation.
4. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
5. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
6. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
7. May perform network administration duties.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. May serve as technical team or task leader.
10. May serve as NOC analyst monitoring systems and networks; reporting to stake holders; managing IR queues; and tracking tasks and progress.
11. May serve as NOC networks analyst handling first level support/triage for significant support problems.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. Cisco and/or Juniper route/switch knowledge is preferred.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. 8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
2. Must have current advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design. May be demonstrated through degree or certification.
3. Must have current advanced knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, cabling, modems, media converters, and related network hardware and software.
4. Must have advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
5. Must possess CCNA or equivalent certification (minimum) with intent to complete Professional level certification within 1st year.
6. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
7. Must possess and maintain a US Secret clearance.
8. Must possess Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
9. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
10. Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.
11. Advanced knowledge of routers ,switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
12. Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
13. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.