General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Experience with VMWare View Technology.
2. Experience working with VMware App Volumes.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
4. Knowledge of related hardware and software.
5. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
6. Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Secret Clearance.
7. In support of the requirement, the employee must have and maintain the CompTIA Security+ CE Certification. The CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. Also acceptable are alternative certifications.
8. Additional specific certifications may be required.
9. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. #BICES and #CJPOST
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2. 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.